(DUI Course Not Available Online)
PLEASE NOTE - If you are enrolling for BUI / Boating Under the Influence do not enroll online, please call our office instead 1-800-437-3008.
Enrollees must register for the DUI program in the county where they live, work, or attend school, unless an exception has been granted from DHSMV
You must have the following documents to complete the registration process:
- Copy of traffic ticket/citation and Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) reading or the Statement of Refusal.
- A Lifetime Driving Record (no older than 30 days). If you have not held a Florida Drivers License for the past three (3) years, you must have a full driving record from every state where you were issued a drivers license.
- Readable Copy of Arrest Report/Probable Cause report - can be obtained at the Clerk of the Court in the County of your arrest or by the arresting agency. If you have an attorney, they also will probably have a copy.
- County arrests. If you had a traffic crash, you must provide a copy of the Traffic Crash Report, which can be obtained from the Clerk of Court as well or the arresting agency.
- Court Information and paperwork (notice of hearing, etc.)
- If you have been sentenced, you must provide a copy of the probation order.
Once you have obtained the aforementioned documents, then you can come into one of the enrollment offices to complete paperwork (ADD) of begin the online enrollment process.
The use of alcohol and/or controlled substances prior to and/or during class or evaluation is not permitted. A breath test may be administered prior to each class and the evaluation. If positive, you must pay the entire fee again and attend all components again, as per DHSMV Rules. It is advisable not to use mouthwash or take any medications (Nyquil, cough syrup) prior to attending the classes or evaluation.
After you have scheduled your class and DUI evaluation and appointment, Southwest Florida Safety Council, Inc will send you a copy of your Evaluation/Class Assignment Receipt and the DUI Program Rules and Regulations form. If you cannot make the assigned class or evaluation, you must reschedule at least 5 days prior to the assigned class/evaluation or pay a re-scheduling fee.
The Level I DUI course is for first time offenders who have never had a previous alcohol or drug related traffic charge or arrest or attended a DUI course at any location at any time in your entire lifetime. If false or misleading information is given concerning previous alcohol or drug related charges/arrests, convictions or previous attendance to a DUI program, Southwest Florida Safety Council, Inc reserves the right to charge the full Level II DUI Program fee in addition to any fees paid and the Level II DUI course will be required.
The Level II DUI course is for persons who have previously attended a Level I DUI course at any location at any time in your entire lifetime or have been charged/convicted two or more times of an offense requiring DUI school attendance.
Failure to complete all or part of the program (class and evaluation attendance) within 90 days of payment (enrollment) will result in notification to the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles of failure to complete and forfeiture of all fees paid.
Please be advised that information regarding drug and alcohol patient records is protected by Federal Confidentiality Rules (42 CFR Part 2). The Federal rules prohibit Southwest Florida Safety Council, Inc from making any further disclosure of this information unless further disclosure is expressly permitted by the written consent of the person to whom it pertains or as otherwise permitted by 42 CFR Part 2. A general authorization for the release of medical or other information is NOT sufficient for this purpose. The Federal rules restrict any use of the information to criminally investigate or prosecute any alcohol or drug abuse patient.
Payment of fees is acknowledgement and agreement to the program rules and regulations. All fees payable to Southwest Florida Safety Council, Inc are non-refundable.
Once you have obtained the aforementioned documents, then you can come into one of the enrollment offices to complete the paperwork.
SPECIAL SUPERVISION SERVICES (SSS) PROGRAM
The Special Supervision Services Program is designed to permit some drivers, who would not be otherwise permitted, to get a hardship license from the DHSMV.
Special Supervision enrollees must register with the DUI program in the county where they live, work, or attend school, unless an exception has been granted from DHSMV.
You must have the following documents to complete the SSS registration process.
- A letter from the Bureau of Administrative Review to commence the Special Supervision Services process.
- A photo ID
- $361.00 cash